MAY IS DISNEY MONTH AT GOGO VACATION! For all of our offers CLICK HERE!
Home to the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle since opening its doors in 1955, Disneyland is California’s most recognizable theme park attracting millions of visitors each year. Built in Anaheim under the direct supervision of Walt Disney himself, unlike any other Disney Park, the park is the culmination of a lifelong passion to create a magical, fun-filled environment the whole family can enjoy. Since its opening almost 60 years ago, Disneyland, now rebranded as Disneyland Park, has drawn over 650 million visitors through its gates, more than any other park in the world.
The idea of a theme park where adults and kids can enjoy the attractions alike came from Disney bringing his kids to amusement parks and him having to stand and watch from the outside. The entire experience, from the time you walk through the front gates, is designed to immerse families in an enjoyable environment, with attractions that will entertain all. There is no time like the present to have a vacation the whole family will enjoy. So plan a trip that will provide memories lasting a lifetime!
- Disneyland is the world’s first Disney park – Disney World in Florida opened in 1971, and Disney’s California Adventure opened in 2001.
- Debuting in 1959, The Disneyland Monorail was the first daily operating monorail to open in the western hemisphere.
- The top floor of the fire station on Main Street USA was Walt Disney’s private apartment during the park’s construction.
- The original price of the park’s land and initial attractions was $16 million.
- The drawbridge on the Sleeping Beauty Castle is real and has been raised and lowered twice; once when the park first opened, and again in 1983 when Fantasyland was rededicated.