Spring is on the way for the Northeast, but someone forgot to tell Mother Nature. A “winter” storm is currently headed for the mid-Atlantic states, and below, you’ll find what you need to know about the storm and its effects on airlines, hotels, and guest relations.
Updated as of March 20, 2015, 10:36 a.m.
Make sure you check back frequently for updates.
– American Airlines allows customers scheduled to fly on AA, US, AA/US, US/AA flights departing from the airports listed below may change flights for March 20 if the ticket was issued no later than March 19 and travel is rebooked for March 20-March 23. The ticket reissue charge will be waived for one ticket change. Guests must be traveling to/through/from: Allentown / Bethlehem, PA (ABE), Baltimore, MD (BWI), Harrisburg, PA (MDT), Hartford, CT (BDL), Islip / Long Island/Macarthur, NY (ISP), New Haven, CT (HVN),New York Kennedy, NY (JFK), New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA), Newark, NJ (EWR), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Scranton / WilkesBarre, PA (AVP), Stewart / Newburgh, NY (SWF), University Park Airport, PA (SCE), Washington Dulles, VA (IAD), Washington Reagan Nat’l, DC (DCA), Westchester County / White Plains, NY (HPN), and Williamsport, PA (IPT). See complete details here.
END OF UPDATE — ALL INFO ABOVE IS AS OF 10:36 a.m. (Information is subject to change.)
– United has waived change fees and fare differences for flights on March 20 for the following airports: Albany, NY (ALB), Allentown, PA (ABE), Baltimore, MD (BWI), Boston, MA (BOS), Burlington, VT (BTV), Harrisburg, PA (MDT), Hartford, CT (BDL), New York, NY (JFK), New York, NY (LGA), Newark, NJ (EWR), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Providence, RI (PVD), Scranton, PA (AVP), Syracuse, NY (SYR), Washington D.C. (DCA), Washington D.C. (IAD), and Westchester County, NY (HPN). When rescheduled travel commences by March 20, 2015, change fees and fare differences will be waived. Travel may be rescheduled in any fare class, same cabin. For all other dates and ticket uses, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. See complete details here.
– Delta Air Lines will allow a one-time change to a ticket without fee if passengers are scheduled to travel to, from, or through the following destination(s) on Delta, Delta Connection®, and Delta-coded flights on March 20: New York, NY—Kennedy (JFK), New York, NY—LaGuardia (LGA), Newark, NJ (EWR), Newburgh, NY (SWF), and White Plains, NY (HPN). Tickets must be reissued on or before March 23 and rebooked travel must begin no later than March 23. See complete details here.
– JetBlue has waived change/cancel fee and fare differences for customers traveling on March 20 to/from the following cities: Baltimore, MD (BWI), Newark, NJ (EWR), Newburgh, NY (SWF), New York, NY (LGA), New York, NY (JFK), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Washington, D.C. (DCA), Washington, D.C. (IAD), and Westchester County, NY (HPN). Flights must be rebooked through March 23 prior to the departure of their originally scheduled flight. Original travel must have been booked on or before March 19. See complete details here.
– Virgin America has waived cancellation fees for guests with confirmed flights to or from EWR, JFK or LGA on March 20 to change their travel dates by March 20 without paying change fees or the difference in fares for travel through March 25 and may cancel their itineraries. Guests can change to available flights March 21-25 to/from EWR, JFK or LGA and to/from the original destination and within the same cabin/class of service. Guests who wish to upgrade to available seats in Main Cabin Select or First Class may pay the difference in fare. Changes must be made prior to the originally scheduled departure time, and original travel must have been booked on or before March 19.
And if for some reason you do get stuck in an airport during a winter storm, we hope it’s one of these.