Preparing for a vacation is more complicated than ever. And so the key to a stress-free trip is all about preparation. From making sure your passport is valid and confirming your itinerary to bringing necessities like a phone charger and umbrella (just in case), we’ve created these travel checklists for planning and packing. It’s also critical to remember that some destinations require COVID-19 testing, health screenings, and/or temperature checks prior to your departure flight, upon arrival, and/or throughout your stay. We strongly encourage you to review these requirements so that you know what to expect.
- Made sure you’ve completed all entry screening requirements (if required)?
- Completed travel authorizations required prior to travel (if required)??
- Completed a COVID-19 test prior to travel (if required)?
- Given relatives all of your contact details?
- Made copies of all travel documents?
- Confirmed your flight schedule with the airline?
- Confirmed your baggage allowance meets regulations?
- Reviewed the dress code of your resort (if applicable)?
- Made sure your mail will be held or collected?
- Planned for pet care?
- Planned your transportation to and from airport?
- Contacted your bank, credit card company, and phone provider about travel plans?
Plus if you’re traveling internationally, have you:
- Checked to ensure your passport is valid?
- Signed up for an international cell phone plan?
- Added a translation app to your phone if necessary?
Have you packed the following items?
- ID, travel documents, and vouchers
- Copies of your entry screening, travel authorization forms, and negative COVID-19 test (as required)
- Face masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes in your carry-on
- Cash, credit card, and/or debit card
- Electronics, cell phone, and charger
- Small first aid kit
- Guide books
- Something to read
- Travel neck pillow and ear plugs
- Plastic bags for wet clothes or other items
- Sun hat, raincoat, small umbrella, etc.
- Bug spray and sunscreen
Most countries are calling for additional travel requirements, such as proof of negative COVID-19 tests, completing health forms, and having visitors insurance. Please note: Safety standards and travel requirements are continually changing. Visit our Traveler Resources Hub COVID-19 Travel Map or talk to your GOGO-backed travel advisor to learn more about the entry rules of your specific destination and to plan your next vacation.